Did you know that one out of every ten people is diagnosed with kidney stones in their lifetime? Moreover, it can also lead to increased chances of developing more stones in the future.
Kidney stones are a painful condition that can interfere with your everyday routine. It is also one of the most common renal disorders among people of all age groups. Moreover, it can also lead to other diseases if not treated timely using a stone relief medication. At times even after taking the treatment, this problem can reoccur and you have to undergo the same procedure again and again. The more often the kidney stone occurs, the more repetitive the entire process becomes. Thus it is advised to work on the problem beforehand and eliminate the root cause of the problem, Ayurveda is a safe and effective way to combat this persisting problem. In this article, we will delve deeper into the prominent causes of kidney stones and gain insights into the effectiveness of Ayurveda in curing the problem.
What Causes Kidney Stones According To Ayurveda?
Renal stones are known as Vrukka Ashmari in Ayurveda. The doshas play an important role in our overall well-being. However, a sedentary lifestyle and unhealthy eating habits can lead to an imbalance in the doshas. It can increase the toxins ( Ama ) and other harmful chemicals in the system. An amalgamation of these doshas with Ama results in the formation of kidney stones. Hence Ayurveda is a great way for kidney stone treatment.
Ayurveda: A Panacea For Kidney Stones
Ayurveda is an ancient system of medicine that offers numerous ways for kidney stone cure. People have recently started to embrace Ayurveda in their lives due to its natural healing methods and benefits on overall health. Below are some Ayurvedic ways that are beneficial to treat kidney stones:
Basil is also known as Tulsi consists of medicinal properties which makes it an effective remedy for stones. It isn’t the treatment of the present but was a popular treatment in the past. Tulsi works by balancing minerals, uric acid, and fluids in the body. Make Tulsi a significant part of your diet and reap long-lasting benefits by boiling its leaves or having a spoon of the basil powder. Tulsi consumption on a routine basis acts as an effective kidney stone medicine.
Kollu (Horse Gram)
According to Ayurveda Gahat also known as horse, gram is a fruitful way to get rid of kidney stones. It is due to the presence of a diuretic substance (a substance that surges urine flow) is present in it. It breaks the kidney stones into small pieces which come out as soon as the urine is passed. Gahat can be consumed as a soup or having Gahat dal on regular basis prevents the formation of kidney stones. Winter is the ideal time to have the dal as the vegetables causing kidney stones are consumed more often during this time.
Vendakkai (Okra or Bhindi)
Okra also known as Lady Finger is a seasonal vegetable that is an optimum solution for kidney stones. You will find all the essential nutrients and minerals in this medicinal herb. Okra is rich in magnesium and antioxidants. It is tasty and prevents kidney stones from occurring.
Coconut water is one of the healthiest and tastiest drinks. The moment you start having coconut water all the kidney stones dissolve all the kidney stones within it. It works by eradicating the stones from the body via urine.
If you have been struggling with kidney stone problems for a while and looking for natural alternatives to treat them. Try Path-Har which is an effective ayurvedic remedy against the symptoms associated with renal disorders. It is a safe Ayurvedic formulation and produces long-lasting results and improves the quality of life. Moreover, it also works as a herbal remedy to strengthen your kidneys.
Kidney Stones: Causes, Symptoms & Treatment
According to research, more than 12% of the population is struggling with kidney stones.
Your kidneys help in ejecting harmful toxins and waste from the blood in the form of urine. Sometimes too many dissolved minerals are formed inside the kidneys, and there is less amount of fluid. It leads to a health ailment known as kidney stones. While some of the stones are tiny and are eliminated by the body through the urinary tract. On the other hand, some can be as big as the size of a golf ball which can lead to severe discomfort. Moreover, if it is not treated timely, it can even lead to other serious ailments like kidney damage, infections etc.
Let us read the article further to know more about kidney stones and their diagnosis.
Kidney Stones Symptoms
The following symptoms can be observed when a person is suffering from kidney stones.
- A constant need for urination
- Pain in the lower abdomen
- Blood in the urine
- Vomiting and a nauseous feeling
- Urinary tract infection ( UTI )
It is a matter of concern if these kidney stones block the passage from where urine passes. A kidney infection can occur if you are experiencing symptoms such as fever and chills, diarrhoea, weakness and tiredness etc.
Also See: Best Ayurvedic Medicine for Kidney Stone
Risk Factors Associated With Kidney Stones
According to research, men are affected by kidney stones twice as much as compared to women. However, if you have any of these prevalent conditions, you may be at the risk of getting kidney stones:
- Previously diagnosed with kidney stones
- Not drinking adequate water
- Certains medications such as calcium-based antacids
- Medical history of any other disease such as polycystic kidney disease or swelling in your bowels etc.
If these symptoms are not treated in the beginning stages, it can even lead to chronic kidney disease. Additionally, a person who has already been diagnosed has a 50 percent chance of developing kidney stones again.
Treatment Of Kidney Stones
The treatment for kidney stones is customised as per the need of the affected person. The emphasis is given to recognising the symptoms early and managing the stones. The first step is to get examined to determine the size of the stone. If the stone is tiny, the medical expert would advise you to follow home remedies to push the kidney stone out of your urinary tract. Additionally, he would also suggest you drink plenty of fluids and take kidney stone removal Ayurvedic medicine.
However, you can win the fight against kidney stones by simple lifestyle changes and specific diet plans. Here are some tips as per Ayurveda to combat kidney stones at home.
Ayurvedic Ways To Treat Kidney Stones
- Stay hydrated – One of the common reasons why kidney stones develop in the first place is due to lack of hydration. To help the body in kidney stone removal, drink plenty of fluids. Medical experts suggest drinking 6 – 7 glasses of water a day. Moreover, drinking water will also help to remove harmful toxins from your body. Thus you will be able to pass the stones out of your system more quickly.
- Lemon Water With Honey – Lemon water with honey is an excellent way of eliminating waste from the body. This mixture will not only help you remove kidney stones from your body but make you feel refreshed and energised. You prepare this mixture in warm water for a better result.
- Refrain from junk food – eating processed, or junk foods can make your health worse. Try to avoid such a diet and stay motivated on your journey towards overall wellness.
- Horse gram – As per Ayurveda, horse gram is known to be a rich source of protein, iron, calcium and many more essential nutrients. It is diuretic in nature which means it helps to eliminate salt from the body through urine. It is an excellent remedy for kidney stones if it is prepared with Ayurvedic herbs. It prevents kidney stones from developing again and breaks them down to eliminate these stones out of the body.
- Ayurvedic herbs – Here is a list of ayurvedic herbs you must include in your diet for the effective removal of renal stones.
- Choti Elaichi Or Small Cardamom– It acts as a diuretic and helps to cleanse the body of waste. Moreover, it helps the urinary tract to fight infections using its detoxification effect.
- Tulsi ( Basil ) – Tulsi helps to maintain fluid, mineral and uric acid balance in the kidneys. You can consume Tulsi with warm water or honey to strengthen your renal system and efficiently remove kidney stones.
- Varun Chhal ( Three leaved caper ) – Varun chhal is another diuretic ayurvedic herb that helps in the blood detoxification process. It reduces the stone formation in the kidneys and helps to eliminate it out of your renal system.
Besides, you might also want to try a kidney stone removal ayurvedic medicine, which contains all these natural herbs.
In conclusion, if you are diagnosed with kidney stones recently, then don’t stress yourself. Treat this condition in the early stages with home remedies. Include these Ayurvedic herbs and natural ways to enhance your renal health significantly. Alternatively, you can also take the ayurvedic medicine Path-Har for assistance in removing stones out of your body. This Ayurvedic remedy will fight off infections in the urinary tract and reduce inflammation. Moreover, it is the most efficient way to prevent kidney stones and safeguard your kidneys from damage.