Kidney Stones: Causes, Symptoms & Treatment
According to research, more than 12% of the population is struggling with kidney stones.
Your kidneys help in ejecting harmful toxins and waste from the blood in the form of urine. Sometimes too many dissolved minerals are formed inside the kidneys, and there is less amount of fluid. It leads to a health ailment known as kidney stones. While some of the stones are tiny and are eliminated by the body through the urinary tract. On the other hand, some can be as big as the size of a golf ball which can lead to severe discomfort. Moreover, if it is not treated timely, it can even lead to other serious ailments like kidney damage, infections etc.
Let us read the article further to know more about kidney stones and their diagnosis.
Kidney Stones Symptoms
The following symptoms can be observed when a person is suffering from kidney stones.
- A constant need for urination
- Pain in the lower abdomen
- Blood in the urine
- Vomiting and a nauseous feeling
- Urinary tract infection ( UTI )
It is a matter of concern if these kidney stones block the passage from where urine passes. A kidney infection can occur if you are experiencing symptoms such as fever and chills, diarrhoea, weakness and tiredness etc.
Also See: Best Ayurvedic Medicine for Kidney Stone
Risk Factors Associated With Kidney Stones
According to research, men are affected by kidney stones twice as much as compared to women. However, if you have any of these prevalent conditions, you may be at the risk of getting kidney stones:
- Previously diagnosed with kidney stones
- Not drinking adequate water
- Certains medications such as calcium-based antacids
- Medical history of any other disease such as polycystic kidney disease or swelling in your bowels etc.
If these symptoms are not treated in the beginning stages, it can even lead to chronic kidney disease. Additionally, a person who has already been diagnosed has a 50 percent chance of developing kidney stones again.
Treatment Of Kidney Stones
The treatment for kidney stones is customised as per the need of the affected person. The emphasis is given to recognising the symptoms early and managing the stones. The first step is to get examined to determine the size of the stone. If the stone is tiny, the medical expert would advise you to follow home remedies to push the kidney stone out of your urinary tract. Additionally, he would also suggest you drink plenty of fluids and take kidney stone removal Ayurvedic medicine.
However, you can win the fight against kidney stones by simple lifestyle changes and specific diet plans. Here are some tips as per Ayurveda to combat kidney stones at home.
Ayurvedic Ways To Treat Kidney Stones
- Stay hydrated – One of the common reasons why kidney stones develop in the first place is due to lack of hydration. To help the body in kidney stone removal, drink plenty of fluids. Medical experts suggest drinking 6 – 7 glasses of water a day. Moreover, drinking water will also help to remove harmful toxins from your body. Thus you will be able to pass the stones out of your system more quickly.
- Lemon Water With Honey – Lemon water with honey is an excellent way of eliminating waste from the body. This mixture will not only help you remove kidney stones from your body but make you feel refreshed and energised. You prepare this mixture in warm water for a better result.
- Refrain from junk food – eating processed, or junk foods can make your health worse. Try to avoid such a diet and stay motivated on your journey towards overall wellness.
- Horse gram – As per Ayurveda, horse gram is known to be a rich source of protein, iron, calcium and many more essential nutrients. It is diuretic in nature which means it helps to eliminate salt from the body through urine. It is an excellent remedy for kidney stones if it is prepared with Ayurvedic herbs. It prevents kidney stones from developing again and breaks them down to eliminate these stones out of the body.
- Ayurvedic herbs – Here is a list of ayurvedic herbs you must include in your diet for the effective removal of renal stones.
- Choti Elaichi Or Small Cardamom– It acts as a diuretic and helps to cleanse the body of waste. Moreover, it helps the urinary tract to fight infections using its detoxification effect.
- Tulsi ( Basil ) – Tulsi helps to maintain fluid, mineral and uric acid balance in the kidneys. You can consume Tulsi with warm water or honey to strengthen your renal system and efficiently remove kidney stones.
- Varun Chhal ( Three leaved caper ) – Varun chhal is another diuretic ayurvedic herb that helps in the blood detoxification process. It reduces the stone formation in the kidneys and helps to eliminate it out of your renal system.
Besides, you might also want to try a kidney stone removal ayurvedic medicine, which contains all these natural herbs.
In conclusion, if you are diagnosed with kidney stones recently, then don’t stress yourself. Treat this condition in the early stages with home remedies. Include these Ayurvedic herbs and natural ways to enhance your renal health significantly. Alternatively, you can also take the ayurvedic medicine Path-Har for assistance in removing stones out of your body. This Ayurvedic remedy will fight off infections in the urinary tract and reduce inflammation. Moreover, it is the most efficient way to prevent kidney stones and safeguard your kidneys from damage.
It is often said that one does not realize the value of good health until sickness comes. It is true to the core in modern times. We fail to take care of our bodies by eating processed foods and forming bad habits like excessive drinking of alcohol. It comes back to our health in the form of a grim realization when a tiny stone turns into a painful disease called kidney stones.
Kidney stones are developed when minerals and salts are accumulated in the kidneys resulting in the blockage of the urinary tract. It commonly happens due to dehydration or poor eating habits. If the size of the stones is small, they can usually be removed from the body by simple diet and lifestyle changes or through Ayurvedic methods. However, if you fail to act on time and eliminate these stones from your system, it can lead to severe kidney damage.
Here is a list of Ayurvedic medicinal herbs that will help you remove kidney stones from your system and strengthen your renal system.
Ayurvedic Herbs To Get Rid Of Kidney Stones
1. Varun Chhal
It is a widely popular kidney stone removal ayurvedic medicine, which is also called a three-leaved caper. The exceptional diuretic properties of this herb help in the removal of toxins from the body by regular urination. Medical experts have found it to be highly beneficial for treating ailments related to the renal system. Additionally, it also cleanses the blood and strengthens the urinary channel. Inculcate this herb in your health routine for restoring pH balance in your body.
As the name suggests, Triphala is a blend of three essential ayurvedic herbs that enhance the overall function of kidneys. These herbs include Amalaki, Haritaki, Bibhitaki, which provide a rejuvenating effect to the body. Triphala protects the kidneys against damage and fortifies the tissues. Thus it is one of the best Ayurvedic medicine for kidney stones.
3. Gokshura (Land Caltrops)
Gokshura is a wonderful herb for improving renal functions. The park of the Gokshura tree is consumed to get rid of the burning sensation while urinating. Additionally, the Gokshura tree bark helps break down the stones and prevents them from forming again. It is also beneficial to maintain uric acid levels in kidneys and thus to safeguard the kidneys.
4. Punarnava (Hogweed)
Punarnava is one of the most versatile herbs offering a number of health benefits. In the ancient text Sushruta Samhita, it is mentioned as an excellent herb to elevate kidney’s health and kidney stone removal. This herb is known to be nephroprotective in nature, which means it prevents stone formation in the kidneys. Moreover, it is also known to secure the kidneys against damage due to oxidative stress.
5. Guduchi (Giloy)
Another important herb in the Ayurvedic system of medicine is Guduchi. It has been mentioned in many ancient texts for its numerous health benefits for overall wellness. This herb puts a halt to the calcification of excessive minerals in the kidneys. Under the guidance of a medical expert, you can use this herb to regulate your urination process.
6. Haldi (Turmeric)
Hall is procured from the Curcuma longa plant and is kept in every household for its immense healing properties. Its anti-inflammatory properties reduce swelling in the kidneys and abstain from infections. Moreover, it can also provide relief to you from the burning sensation while urinating. Thus it adds strength and vitality to your overall health, which is why it is a must-have as ayurvedic medicine for kidney stone removal.
7. Chandan (Sandalwood)
Chandan is known for providing a cooling effect to the body. It is also popular for its diuretic properties as it increases urine formation in the body. It makes eliminating toxins from your renal system easier so that your kidney stones can pass easily. Moreover, its antibacterial properties ensure that you stay at bay from diseases. It is recommended to consume Chandan powder for a soothing effect if you are diagnosed with a UTI.
8. Apamarg (Prickly chaff flower)
Apamarg is known to reduce the acidity level of urine and control renal calculi. It serves as a natural blood purifier and removes toxins from the body. This herb can act as a natural way to remove kidney stones from your body if it is included in your diet routine.
In conclusion, it is never late to make amends in your lifestyle and free yourself of kidney stones. Thanks to these therapeutic herbs in Ayurveda, you get protection from diseases and an enhanced health with the healing powers of nature. Additionally, you might want to try Path-Har, an ayurvedic supplement that contains the health benefits of all these herbs. It has been scientifically tested, so it is safe to use for people of all age groups. It can work as an all in one solution for all your kidney problems, or you can take it as an ayurvedic health supplement to achieve your health goals.
- How to Remove Kidney Stones Naturally?
- 10 Natural Ways to Cleanse Your Lungs
- 6 Immunity Boosting Herbs to Beat Covid-19
- How to Cleanse Smokers Lungs?
- How To Increase Your Body Stamina Naturally?
- How to increase your Oxygen Level?
- 7 Shocking Facts About Liver
- Yoga Guide for Immunity
- 5 Easy Yoga Poses that Boost Immunity
- How Covid-19 Affects Lungs
How to Remove Kidney Stones Naturally – Our kidneys are an extraordinary yet delicate organ that functions as the filter system for the body. It maintains the chemical balance inside our body so that the human body can perform its daily tasks efficiently. They play a vital role in eliminating those substances from the body that can prove to be harmful and damage our organs.
However, if the kidneys are not able to perform their role properly, it can lead to various diseases like kidney stones. Kidney stones start accumulating in the kidneys when the body is unable to excrete unprocessed minerals or toxins. It results in urinary tract blockage, and you may experience pain and discomfort while urinating. If kidney stones are detected at their earlier stages, one can use natural remedies to remove them from the body.
Are you looking for some home-based remedies to remove kidney stones? Let us delve deeper to comprehend different ways to prevent kidney stones.
Natural Ways To Eliminate Kidney Stones
1. A Tailor-Made Diet Plan For Kidney Stones
Diet plays a crucial role in adding vitality to our life. It is the reason why experts suggest that one must intake a nutritious diet for a healthy lifestyle. Especially if you already have kidney stones, you must customise your diet for their effective removal. Here are some foods do’s and don’ts.
- Calcium-rich diet: Your oxalate levels may increase if your body is not getting proper calcium. Here is a list of food products that are a great source of vitamin D.Vegetarian sources of calcium include legumes, tofu, nuts, seeds, green vegetables and soy milk. Other sources of calcium are cow’s milk, salmon, egg yolks, cheese, fatty fish, yoghurt, cottage cheese.
- Vitamin C rich foods like oranges, lemons. Amla, grapefruit etc.
Foods To Avoid:
- Avoid the intake of sugary products: Adding extra sugar to your food or intake of processed sugary foods may increase the risk of kidney stones. It happens because sugar takes time to break down in the body. Moreover, carbonated beverages like Cola contain high levels of phosphate, which are a common cause of stone formation.
- Refrain from foods high in oxalate levels: If you are already diagnosed with kidney stones, it is better to abstain from foods rich in oxalates such as chocolate, beetroot, spinach, sweet potatoes, tea etc.
- Avoid consuming animal protein: Animal protein such as pork, chicken, poultry, fish, and eggs increase the levels of uric acid in the body. Besides, it also reduces citrate in the body, which is responsible for preventing kidney stones. You can try quinoa, tofu or chia seeds as an alternate source of protein.
2. Yoga Asana:
Along with a specially curated diet make yoga asanas a part of your fitness routine. Yoga asana helps to stimulate the organs in the body, which is why they are vital for kidney stones removal.
Ushtra Asana (Camel’s Pose)
Step 1: Stand on your knees and place your arms on the side.
Step 2: Now, slowly bend your body backwards and hold your heels.
Step 3: Now breathe slowly and hold for ten seconds before coming back to the resting position.
Bala Asana (Child’s Pose)
Step 1: Sit on your knees and place your upper body on the floor.
Step 2: Stretch your arms and place them above your head.
Step 3: Now, slowly breathe in and out while staying in this position for 15 to 20 seconds.
3. Ayurvedic Herbs
The modern generation is going back to the age-old ayurvedic remedies for boosting their renal health. Here are a few herbs that will prove beneficial for your kidneys by working as a kidney stone removal Ayurvedic medicine.
- Fenugreek seed – Eliminates kidney stones and reduces the accumulation of excessive minerals in the kidneys.
- Gokshura fruit or root – Consumed to treat urinary tract infections, it also prevents kidney damage and formation of kidney stones in the future.
- Varuna Chhal – Used for prevention and treatment of kidney stones, also acts as a pain reliever.
- Barberry root or bark – Prevents kidney damage which occurs due to increased levels of oxalates.
In conclusion, kidney stones can be formed due to a number of reasons such as lack of hydration, reduced intake of fluid or certain health conditions. Therefore using these natural ways, you can not only flush out kidney stones from your body but boost your renal health as well. A blend of these essential ayurvedic herbs can be found in natural health supplements like Path-Har. It is one of the best ayurvedic syrup for kidney stones as it promotes regular urination and lowers inflammation. Additionally, it is also anti-microbial, so it will fight off any further infections. Moreover, it is a sugar-free formulation, so it is safe to consume for people suffering from sugar/diabetes. You can also take it as a health supplement to strengthen your kidneys health.