Did you know that more than half a million people are admitted into the hospital every year due to kidney stones?
Kidneys are called the natural filtration system of our body. They work round the clock to eject harmful substances from the blood. The toxins get excluded from the body through the urinary tract. They also play a vital role in balancing the fluids in the human body.
Sometimes the waste buildup increases in the renal system that is difficult to remove from the body. It results in a painful situation known as kidney stones. Some stones are small in size and can be eliminated from the system with the help of kidney stone medicine.
What Causes Kidney Stones?
There are several reasons which contribute to the formation of kidney stones. Let us read some of the common causes.
One of the reasons behind the formation of kidney stones is the reduced intake of water. Other reasons besides not drinking plenty of water is exercising or working in a hot temperature for days. The urine colour turns to a dark yellow when your body is dehydrated.
Hence it is advised to consume 2.5 gallons of water a day to replenish the minerals.
A balanced and nutritious diet plays a crucial role in our overall health. Excessive salt intake contributes to kidney stones as it increases calcium levels in the urine. Additionally, a lot of animal protein in the diet can also raise acidic levels in the body leading to the formation of stones. Thus it can put you at risk of developing both uric acid and calcium kidney stones in the body.
Underlying Health Issues
Other health ailments such as thyroid can lead to kidney stones formation. It is because the calcium levels rise in the urine due to this health condition. On top of that renal tubular acidosis is another disease that can increase the acidic levels in the renal system. Thus it is best to get yourself checked regularly and take a stone relief medicine to prevent symptoms from getting worse.
Bowel issues like Diarrhea can lead to loss of fluids and minerals from the body. It can lead to the emergence of kidney stones. Gastric bypass surgery can also lead to the creation of kidney stones.
Ways To Care For Kidney Stones As per Ayurveda
It is said that preventive measures are better than seeking kidney stones treatment. Hence it is best to see a medical expert for stone relief in case you notice any of these early signs.
● Low urination/Excessive urination
● Swelling on various parts of the body.
● No appetite
● Rashes or itching
Ayurveda can prove very effective in managing the symptoms associated with kidney stones. Inculcating these tips in your daily routine can help you remove kidney stones from your system.
- Drink lots of fluids ( At least seven glasses of water a day)
- Keep a check on your weight.
- Stay fit and active.
- Refrain from alcohol and canned drinks.
- Eat citrus fruits like lemon, oranges and grapefruits
- Reduce meat in your diet.
- Increase intake of foods rich in oxalate and calcium such as low-fat milk products, green leafy vegetables like kale and broccoli, calcium-rich food items like cereals and bread.
- Include Ayurvedic herbs in your diets such as Choti Elaichi, Sendha Namak and Varun Chhal to safeguard your kidneys and improve their functioning.
Additionally, you can also try an Ayurvedic health tonic Path-Har for efficient kidney stone expulsion. This 100% Ayurvedic remedy helps combat bacterial infections in the urinary tract and reduces inflammation due to kidney stones. You can also take it as a herbal supplement to boost renal health.
Kidney Stones: Causes, Symptoms & Treatment
According to research, more than 12% of the population is struggling with kidney stones.
Your kidneys help in ejecting harmful toxins and waste from the blood in the form of urine. Sometimes too many dissolved minerals are formed inside the kidneys, and there is less amount of fluid. It leads to a health ailment known as kidney stones. While some of the stones are tiny and are eliminated by the body through the urinary tract. On the other hand, some can be as big as the size of a golf ball which can lead to severe discomfort. Moreover, if it is not treated timely, it can even lead to other serious ailments like kidney damage, infections etc.
Let us read the article further to know more about kidney stones and their diagnosis.
Kidney Stones Symptoms
The following symptoms can be observed when a person is suffering from kidney stones.
- A constant need for urination
- Pain in the lower abdomen
- Blood in the urine
- Vomiting and a nauseous feeling
- Urinary tract infection ( UTI )
It is a matter of concern if these kidney stones block the passage from where urine passes. A kidney infection can occur if you are experiencing symptoms such as fever and chills, diarrhoea, weakness and tiredness etc.
Also See: Best Ayurvedic Medicine for Kidney Stone
Risk Factors Associated With Kidney Stones
According to research, men are affected by kidney stones twice as much as compared to women. However, if you have any of these prevalent conditions, you may be at the risk of getting kidney stones:
- Previously diagnosed with kidney stones
- Not drinking adequate water
- Certains medications such as calcium-based antacids
- Medical history of any other disease such as polycystic kidney disease or swelling in your bowels etc.
If these symptoms are not treated in the beginning stages, it can even lead to chronic kidney disease. Additionally, a person who has already been diagnosed has a 50 percent chance of developing kidney stones again.
Treatment Of Kidney Stones
The treatment for kidney stones is customised as per the need of the affected person. The emphasis is given to recognising the symptoms early and managing the stones. The first step is to get examined to determine the size of the stone. If the stone is tiny, the medical expert would advise you to follow home remedies to push the kidney stone out of your urinary tract. Additionally, he would also suggest you drink plenty of fluids and take kidney stone removal Ayurvedic medicine.
However, you can win the fight against kidney stones by simple lifestyle changes and specific diet plans. Here are some tips as per Ayurveda to combat kidney stones at home.
Ayurvedic Ways To Treat Kidney Stones
- Stay hydrated – One of the common reasons why kidney stones develop in the first place is due to lack of hydration. To help the body in kidney stone removal, drink plenty of fluids. Medical experts suggest drinking 6 – 7 glasses of water a day. Moreover, drinking water will also help to remove harmful toxins from your body. Thus you will be able to pass the stones out of your system more quickly.
- Lemon Water With Honey – Lemon water with honey is an excellent way of eliminating waste from the body. This mixture will not only help you remove kidney stones from your body but make you feel refreshed and energised. You prepare this mixture in warm water for a better result.
- Refrain from junk food – eating processed, or junk foods can make your health worse. Try to avoid such a diet and stay motivated on your journey towards overall wellness.
- Horse gram – As per Ayurveda, horse gram is known to be a rich source of protein, iron, calcium and many more essential nutrients. It is diuretic in nature which means it helps to eliminate salt from the body through urine. It is an excellent remedy for kidney stones if it is prepared with Ayurvedic herbs. It prevents kidney stones from developing again and breaks them down to eliminate these stones out of the body.
- Ayurvedic herbs – Here is a list of ayurvedic herbs you must include in your diet for the effective removal of renal stones.
- Choti Elaichi Or Small Cardamom– It acts as a diuretic and helps to cleanse the body of waste. Moreover, it helps the urinary tract to fight infections using its detoxification effect.
- Tulsi ( Basil ) – Tulsi helps to maintain fluid, mineral and uric acid balance in the kidneys. You can consume Tulsi with warm water or honey to strengthen your renal system and efficiently remove kidney stones.
- Varun Chhal ( Three leaved caper ) – Varun chhal is another diuretic ayurvedic herb that helps in the blood detoxification process. It reduces the stone formation in the kidneys and helps to eliminate it out of your renal system.
Besides, you might also want to try a kidney stone removal ayurvedic medicine, which contains all these natural herbs.
In conclusion, if you are diagnosed with kidney stones recently, then don’t stress yourself. Treat this condition in the early stages with home remedies. Include these Ayurvedic herbs and natural ways to enhance your renal health significantly. Alternatively, you can also take the ayurvedic medicine Path-Har for assistance in removing stones out of your body. This Ayurvedic remedy will fight off infections in the urinary tract and reduce inflammation. Moreover, it is the most efficient way to prevent kidney stones and safeguard your kidneys from damage.