Kidney Stones: Causes, Symptoms & Treatment
According to research, more than 12% of the population is struggling with kidney stones.
Your kidneys help in ejecting harmful toxins and waste from the blood in the form of urine. Sometimes too many dissolved minerals are formed inside the kidneys, and there is less amount of fluid. It leads to a health ailment known as kidney stones. While some of the stones are tiny and are eliminated by the body through the urinary tract. On the other hand, some can be as big as the size of a golf ball which can lead to severe discomfort. Moreover, if it is not treated timely, it can even lead to other serious ailments like kidney damage, infections etc.
Let us read the article further to know more about kidney stones and their diagnosis.
Kidney Stones Symptoms
The following symptoms can be observed when a person is suffering from kidney stones.
- A constant need for urination
- Pain in the lower abdomen
- Blood in the urine
- Vomiting and a nauseous feeling
- Urinary tract infection ( UTI )
It is a matter of concern if these kidney stones block the passage from where urine passes. A kidney infection can occur if you are experiencing symptoms such as fever and chills, diarrhoea, weakness and tiredness etc.
Also See: Best Ayurvedic Medicine for Kidney Stone
Risk Factors Associated With Kidney Stones
According to research, men are affected by kidney stones twice as much as compared to women. However, if you have any of these prevalent conditions, you may be at the risk of getting kidney stones:
- Previously diagnosed with kidney stones
- Not drinking adequate water
- Certains medications such as calcium-based antacids
- Medical history of any other disease such as polycystic kidney disease or swelling in your bowels etc.
If these symptoms are not treated in the beginning stages, it can even lead to chronic kidney disease. Additionally, a person who has already been diagnosed has a 50 percent chance of developing kidney stones again.
Treatment Of Kidney Stones
The treatment for kidney stones is customised as per the need of the affected person. The emphasis is given to recognising the symptoms early and managing the stones. The first step is to get examined to determine the size of the stone. If the stone is tiny, the medical expert would advise you to follow home remedies to push the kidney stone out of your urinary tract. Additionally, he would also suggest you drink plenty of fluids and take kidney stone removal Ayurvedic medicine.
However, you can win the fight against kidney stones by simple lifestyle changes and specific diet plans. Here are some tips as per Ayurveda to combat kidney stones at home.
Ayurvedic Ways To Treat Kidney Stones
- Stay hydrated – One of the common reasons why kidney stones develop in the first place is due to lack of hydration. To help the body in kidney stone removal, drink plenty of fluids. Medical experts suggest drinking 6 – 7 glasses of water a day. Moreover, drinking water will also help to remove harmful toxins from your body. Thus you will be able to pass the stones out of your system more quickly.
- Lemon Water With Honey – Lemon water with honey is an excellent way of eliminating waste from the body. This mixture will not only help you remove kidney stones from your body but make you feel refreshed and energised. You prepare this mixture in warm water for a better result.
- Refrain from junk food – eating processed, or junk foods can make your health worse. Try to avoid such a diet and stay motivated on your journey towards overall wellness.
- Horse gram – As per Ayurveda, horse gram is known to be a rich source of protein, iron, calcium and many more essential nutrients. It is diuretic in nature which means it helps to eliminate salt from the body through urine. It is an excellent remedy for kidney stones if it is prepared with Ayurvedic herbs. It prevents kidney stones from developing again and breaks them down to eliminate these stones out of the body.
- Ayurvedic herbs – Here is a list of ayurvedic herbs you must include in your diet for the effective removal of renal stones.
- Choti Elaichi Or Small Cardamom– It acts as a diuretic and helps to cleanse the body of waste. Moreover, it helps the urinary tract to fight infections using its detoxification effect.
- Tulsi ( Basil ) – Tulsi helps to maintain fluid, mineral and uric acid balance in the kidneys. You can consume Tulsi with warm water or honey to strengthen your renal system and efficiently remove kidney stones.
- Varun Chhal ( Three leaved caper ) – Varun chhal is another diuretic ayurvedic herb that helps in the blood detoxification process. It reduces the stone formation in the kidneys and helps to eliminate it out of your renal system.
Besides, you might also want to try a kidney stone removal ayurvedic medicine, which contains all these natural herbs.
In conclusion, if you are diagnosed with kidney stones recently, then don’t stress yourself. Treat this condition in the early stages with home remedies. Include these Ayurvedic herbs and natural ways to enhance your renal health significantly. Alternatively, you can also take the ayurvedic medicine Path-Har for assistance in removing stones out of your body. This Ayurvedic remedy will fight off infections in the urinary tract and reduce inflammation. Moreover, it is the most efficient way to prevent kidney stones and safeguard your kidneys from damage.
How to Remove Kidney Stones Naturally – Our kidneys are an extraordinary yet delicate organ that functions as the filter system for the body. It maintains the chemical balance inside our body so that the human body can perform its daily tasks efficiently. They play a vital role in eliminating those substances from the body that can prove to be harmful and damage our organs.
However, if the kidneys are not able to perform their role properly, it can lead to various diseases like kidney stones. Kidney stones start accumulating in the kidneys when the body is unable to excrete unprocessed minerals or toxins. It results in urinary tract blockage, and you may experience pain and discomfort while urinating. If kidney stones are detected at their earlier stages, one can use natural remedies to remove them from the body.
Are you looking for some home-based remedies to remove kidney stones? Let us delve deeper to comprehend different ways to prevent kidney stones.
Natural Ways To Eliminate Kidney Stones
1. A Tailor-Made Diet Plan For Kidney Stones
Diet plays a crucial role in adding vitality to our life. It is the reason why experts suggest that one must intake a nutritious diet for a healthy lifestyle. Especially if you already have kidney stones, you must customise your diet for their effective removal. Here are some foods do’s and don’ts.
- Calcium-rich diet: Your oxalate levels may increase if your body is not getting proper calcium. Here is a list of food products that are a great source of vitamin D.Vegetarian sources of calcium include legumes, tofu, nuts, seeds, green vegetables and soy milk. Other sources of calcium are cow’s milk, salmon, egg yolks, cheese, fatty fish, yoghurt, cottage cheese.
- Vitamin C rich foods like oranges, lemons. Amla, grapefruit etc.
Foods To Avoid:
- Avoid the intake of sugary products: Adding extra sugar to your food or intake of processed sugary foods may increase the risk of kidney stones. It happens because sugar takes time to break down in the body. Moreover, carbonated beverages like Cola contain high levels of phosphate, which are a common cause of stone formation.
- Refrain from foods high in oxalate levels: If you are already diagnosed with kidney stones, it is better to abstain from foods rich in oxalates such as chocolate, beetroot, spinach, sweet potatoes, tea etc.
- Avoid consuming animal protein: Animal protein such as pork, chicken, poultry, fish, and eggs increase the levels of uric acid in the body. Besides, it also reduces citrate in the body, which is responsible for preventing kidney stones. You can try quinoa, tofu or chia seeds as an alternate source of protein.
2. Yoga Asana:
Along with a specially curated diet make yoga asanas a part of your fitness routine. Yoga asana helps to stimulate the organs in the body, which is why they are vital for kidney stones removal.
Ushtra Asana (Camel’s Pose)
Step 1: Stand on your knees and place your arms on the side.
Step 2: Now, slowly bend your body backwards and hold your heels.
Step 3: Now breathe slowly and hold for ten seconds before coming back to the resting position.
Bala Asana (Child’s Pose)
Step 1: Sit on your knees and place your upper body on the floor.
Step 2: Stretch your arms and place them above your head.
Step 3: Now, slowly breathe in and out while staying in this position for 15 to 20 seconds.
3. Ayurvedic Herbs
The modern generation is going back to the age-old ayurvedic remedies for boosting their renal health. Here are a few herbs that will prove beneficial for your kidneys by working as a kidney stone removal Ayurvedic medicine.
- Fenugreek seed – Eliminates kidney stones and reduces the accumulation of excessive minerals in the kidneys.
- Gokshura fruit or root – Consumed to treat urinary tract infections, it also prevents kidney damage and formation of kidney stones in the future.
- Varuna Chhal – Used for prevention and treatment of kidney stones, also acts as a pain reliever.
- Barberry root or bark – Prevents kidney damage which occurs due to increased levels of oxalates.
In conclusion, kidney stones can be formed due to a number of reasons such as lack of hydration, reduced intake of fluid or certain health conditions. Therefore using these natural ways, you can not only flush out kidney stones from your body but boost your renal health as well. A blend of these essential ayurvedic herbs can be found in natural health supplements like Path-Har. It is one of the best ayurvedic syrup for kidney stones as it promotes regular urination and lowers inflammation. Additionally, it is also anti-microbial, so it will fight off any further infections. Moreover, it is a sugar-free formulation, so it is safe to consume for people suffering from sugar/diabetes. You can also take it as a health supplement to strengthen your kidneys health.