Dealing with kidney stones can be difficult. They disrupt your focus and hamper your daily activities. Moreover, if the stones are massive they can cause unbearable pain in certain areas such as your lower back. Sometimes the pain can cause so much discomfort that it pops up all of a sudden. Thus you may have to resort to the last option of taking medicine for stone relief.
This article covers details about the underlying causes of kidney stones and recommendations about natural remedies to reduce the pain.
Reason Behind Pain In The Kidney Stones
Kidney stones occur due to excessive mineral accumulation in the urinary tract and the renal system. You will not be able to experience any symptoms until the stones start to move within your kidneys. If these stones develop in the urinary tract then they can also block the urinary passage. Thus it will restrict the urine flow. Thus if the prevailing symptoms are not treated timely by using a kidney stone medicine then it may cause severe ailments such as kidney failure.
Natural Ways To Alleviate Kidney Stone Pain
If you have been experiencing pain in the abdomen then try these natural ways to get instant relief. However, if the pain still does not go away it is best to see a medical expert/urologist.
Hydrate Your Body
Drinking plenty of fluids and detox teas is the first step towards getting relief from pain due to stones. Drinking water helps to detoxify the body and eliminate infections and bacteria from the system. It also helps to break down these stones so that they can flush out of the body. Instead of drinking canned/sugary drinks try coconut water to quench your thirst.
Include Probiotics In Your Health Routine
Probiotics are very beneficial against renal infections which occur in the urinary tract. It increases healthy bacteria in the body and fights off infection and thus serves dual purposes. Moreover, it makes your renal health stronger by supporting kidneys and ejecting harmful waste from them. Thus it can act as a natural stone relief if you make it a part of your life along with consuming a wholesome meal.
Get That Vitamin C
Vitamin C is a great source of antioxidants that can safeguard tissues against oxidative stress. Hence if the infection turns worse then it will prevent kidney scarring and balance the enzymes. Foods rich in Vitamin C include oranges, strawberries, papaya, guava, lemon, kiwi etc. Additionally, you can also take a Vitamin C health supplement to strengthen your immunity.
Take A Warm Water Shower
A nice warm water bath with Epsom salt can give you immediate relief from the pain. Epsom salt is known as a purifying agent and will soothe your mind and body. Along with that, you can take a stone relief medicine so that you can sleep peacefully.
Heat Pad Therapy
Apply a heating pad on the area where you are experiencing sharp pain to get rid of uneasiness. Additionally, you can also apply a hot water flask to the concerned area and wait for about 20 mins to mitigate pain.
In case the pain persists despite trying these tips then it is best to get yourself checked. If you are looking for a natural remedy for stone relief then you can try Path-Har. It is safe, effective and highly recommended by experts to combat kidney problems. It can also assist in reducing inflammation in the body and act as an instant pain relief medicine. Pave the way towards excellent health and abstain from the symptoms associated with kidney ailments by including this Ayurvedic supplement in your diet.
How to Remove Kidney Stones Naturally – Our kidneys are an extraordinary yet delicate organ that functions as the filter system for the body. It maintains the chemical balance inside our body so that the human body can perform its daily tasks efficiently. They play a vital role in eliminating those substances from the body that can prove to be harmful and damage our organs.
However, if the kidneys are not able to perform their role properly, it can lead to various diseases like kidney stones. Kidney stones start accumulating in the kidneys when the body is unable to excrete unprocessed minerals or toxins. It results in urinary tract blockage, and you may experience pain and discomfort while urinating. If kidney stones are detected at their earlier stages, one can use natural remedies to remove them from the body.
Are you looking for some home-based remedies to remove kidney stones? Let us delve deeper to comprehend different ways to prevent kidney stones.
Natural Ways To Eliminate Kidney Stones
1. A Tailor-Made Diet Plan For Kidney Stones
Diet plays a crucial role in adding vitality to our life. It is the reason why experts suggest that one must intake a nutritious diet for a healthy lifestyle. Especially if you already have kidney stones, you must customise your diet for their effective removal. Here are some foods do’s and don’ts.
- Calcium-rich diet: Your oxalate levels may increase if your body is not getting proper calcium. Here is a list of food products that are a great source of vitamin D.Vegetarian sources of calcium include legumes, tofu, nuts, seeds, green vegetables and soy milk. Other sources of calcium are cow’s milk, salmon, egg yolks, cheese, fatty fish, yoghurt, cottage cheese.
- Vitamin C rich foods like oranges, lemons. Amla, grapefruit etc.
Foods To Avoid:
- Avoid the intake of sugary products: Adding extra sugar to your food or intake of processed sugary foods may increase the risk of kidney stones. It happens because sugar takes time to break down in the body. Moreover, carbonated beverages like Cola contain high levels of phosphate, which are a common cause of stone formation.
- Refrain from foods high in oxalate levels: If you are already diagnosed with kidney stones, it is better to abstain from foods rich in oxalates such as chocolate, beetroot, spinach, sweet potatoes, tea etc.
- Avoid consuming animal protein: Animal protein such as pork, chicken, poultry, fish, and eggs increase the levels of uric acid in the body. Besides, it also reduces citrate in the body, which is responsible for preventing kidney stones. You can try quinoa, tofu or chia seeds as an alternate source of protein.
2. Yoga Asana:
Along with a specially curated diet make yoga asanas a part of your fitness routine. Yoga asana helps to stimulate the organs in the body, which is why they are vital for kidney stones removal.
Ushtra Asana (Camel’s Pose)
Step 1: Stand on your knees and place your arms on the side.
Step 2: Now, slowly bend your body backwards and hold your heels.
Step 3: Now breathe slowly and hold for ten seconds before coming back to the resting position.
Bala Asana (Child’s Pose)
Step 1: Sit on your knees and place your upper body on the floor.
Step 2: Stretch your arms and place them above your head.
Step 3: Now, slowly breathe in and out while staying in this position for 15 to 20 seconds.
3. Ayurvedic Herbs
The modern generation is going back to the age-old ayurvedic remedies for boosting their renal health. Here are a few herbs that will prove beneficial for your kidneys by working as a kidney stone removal Ayurvedic medicine.
- Fenugreek seed – Eliminates kidney stones and reduces the accumulation of excessive minerals in the kidneys.
- Gokshura fruit or root – Consumed to treat urinary tract infections, it also prevents kidney damage and formation of kidney stones in the future.
- Varuna Chhal – Used for prevention and treatment of kidney stones, also acts as a pain reliever.
- Barberry root or bark – Prevents kidney damage which occurs due to increased levels of oxalates.
In conclusion, kidney stones can be formed due to a number of reasons such as lack of hydration, reduced intake of fluid or certain health conditions. Therefore using these natural ways, you can not only flush out kidney stones from your body but boost your renal health as well. A blend of these essential ayurvedic herbs can be found in natural health supplements like Path-Har. It is one of the best ayurvedic syrup for kidney stones as it promotes regular urination and lowers inflammation. Additionally, it is also anti-microbial, so it will fight off any further infections. Moreover, it is a sugar-free formulation, so it is safe to consume for people suffering from sugar/diabetes. You can also take it as a health supplement to strengthen your kidneys health.