Kidney Stone Patient Diet
Diet plays a significant role in our overall well being. More than 70% of your health depends on your eating habits. Lack of proper nutrition can weaken your immune system and make you prone to diseases like kidney stones. If someone in your family has been diagnosed with renal calculi then making diet changes can prevent the condition from getting serious. A nutritious diet along with Ayurvedic medicine for kidney stones can help you get rid of this condition.
Let us read the article below to know more about renal stones and get diet recommendations to combat the disorder.
What Influences Kidney Stone Formation?
Kidney stones can form in the urinary tract due to various reasons. The main reason is the mixture of calcium with unwanted chemicals like phosphorus and oxalates. Moreover, increased consumption of protein also contributes to stone formation due to uric acid. If these stones are substantial then they can even cause kidney scarring. Thus regulating your diet and taking a stone relief medicines the only way to reverse the condition.
Diet Tips According To Ayurveda For Kidney Stones
Here is a list of food and drinks you need to instil in your diet to refrain from kidney stones.
Increase Water Intake
Drinking at least 12 glasses of water is recommended for patients with stones. It will eliminate toxins from your body and fasten the healing process.
Add More Citrus Fruits To Your Diet
Citrus based fruits are very effective against calcium-based stones. Additionally, Vitamin C rich foods can boost your immunity and prevent common infections in the kidney. Some of the citrus fruits include oranges, amla, cantaloupe, papaya, cranberries etc. Moreover, citrus juices also increase your urination and alleviate the pain.
Consume A Calcium-Rich Diet
A diet that does not contain Vitamin D can increase oxalate levels in the body. You can fulfil the calcium requirement in nutrition from products like milk, curd, and cheese. Alternatively, you can also try vegan options like dal, tofu, dark green vegetables, molasses (gur), dry fruits. Other options include salmon, fish, eggs etc. However, a vegetarian diet, in general, is the most recommended diet for kidney stone patients.
Make Ayurvedic Herbs A Part Of Your Diet
Ayurveda has an abundance of natural healing herbs for stone relief. Here is a list of medicinal herbs that you can add to your health routine.
Mulethi ( Liquorice )
It is an effective herb for strengthening the renal system. Additionally, it can safeguard you from free radical damage and enhance your immunity. Drink it up as herbal tea and get instant relief from stones.
Banyan Tree Bark
Banyan tree bark is one of the popular remedies for people who are suffering from urine infections. It is proven to boost immunity and treat infections. It also works as a natural kidney stone cure due to its diuretic properties.
The holy basil reduces the acidic levels in the kidneys and supports its functioning. It contains acetic acid that can assist in eradicating stones out of your body.
Additionally, here is a list of food items to avoid
● Avoid unnecessary intake of salt
● Cut down animal protein from your diet
● Refrain from drinking soft drinks and avoid junk food
Along with keeping these tips in mind, you can also include a herbal supplement in your diet. You can also try the Path-Har that contains all the benefits of the finest quality herbs to get freedom from renal calculi. This Ayurvedic remedy is an affordable and effective way to safeguard your body against infections. Moreover, it also helps purge your body from toxins to reverse the damage to the renal system.
How to Remove Kidney Stones Naturally – Our kidneys are an extraordinary yet delicate organ that functions as the filter system for the body. It maintains the chemical balance inside our body so that the human body can perform its daily tasks efficiently. They play a vital role in eliminating those substances from the body that can prove to be harmful and damage our organs.
However, if the kidneys are not able to perform their role properly, it can lead to various diseases like kidney stones. Kidney stones start accumulating in the kidneys when the body is unable to excrete unprocessed minerals or toxins. It results in urinary tract blockage, and you may experience pain and discomfort while urinating. If kidney stones are detected at their earlier stages, one can use natural remedies to remove them from the body.
Are you looking for some home-based remedies to remove kidney stones? Let us delve deeper to comprehend different ways to prevent kidney stones.
Natural Ways To Eliminate Kidney Stones
1. A Tailor-Made Diet Plan For Kidney Stones
Diet plays a crucial role in adding vitality to our life. It is the reason why experts suggest that one must intake a nutritious diet for a healthy lifestyle. Especially if you already have kidney stones, you must customise your diet for their effective removal. Here are some foods do’s and don’ts.
- Calcium-rich diet: Your oxalate levels may increase if your body is not getting proper calcium. Here is a list of food products that are a great source of vitamin D.Vegetarian sources of calcium include legumes, tofu, nuts, seeds, green vegetables and soy milk. Other sources of calcium are cow’s milk, salmon, egg yolks, cheese, fatty fish, yoghurt, cottage cheese.
- Vitamin C rich foods like oranges, lemons. Amla, grapefruit etc.
Foods To Avoid:
- Avoid the intake of sugary products: Adding extra sugar to your food or intake of processed sugary foods may increase the risk of kidney stones. It happens because sugar takes time to break down in the body. Moreover, carbonated beverages like Cola contain high levels of phosphate, which are a common cause of stone formation.
- Refrain from foods high in oxalate levels: If you are already diagnosed with kidney stones, it is better to abstain from foods rich in oxalates such as chocolate, beetroot, spinach, sweet potatoes, tea etc.
- Avoid consuming animal protein: Animal protein such as pork, chicken, poultry, fish, and eggs increase the levels of uric acid in the body. Besides, it also reduces citrate in the body, which is responsible for preventing kidney stones. You can try quinoa, tofu or chia seeds as an alternate source of protein.
2. Yoga Asana:
Along with a specially curated diet make yoga asanas a part of your fitness routine. Yoga asana helps to stimulate the organs in the body, which is why they are vital for kidney stones removal.
Ushtra Asana (Camel’s Pose)
Step 1: Stand on your knees and place your arms on the side.
Step 2: Now, slowly bend your body backwards and hold your heels.
Step 3: Now breathe slowly and hold for ten seconds before coming back to the resting position.
Bala Asana (Child’s Pose)
Step 1: Sit on your knees and place your upper body on the floor.
Step 2: Stretch your arms and place them above your head.
Step 3: Now, slowly breathe in and out while staying in this position for 15 to 20 seconds.
3. Ayurvedic Herbs
The modern generation is going back to the age-old ayurvedic remedies for boosting their renal health. Here are a few herbs that will prove beneficial for your kidneys by working as a kidney stone removal Ayurvedic medicine.
- Fenugreek seed – Eliminates kidney stones and reduces the accumulation of excessive minerals in the kidneys.
- Gokshura fruit or root – Consumed to treat urinary tract infections, it also prevents kidney damage and formation of kidney stones in the future.
- Varuna Chhal – Used for prevention and treatment of kidney stones, also acts as a pain reliever.
- Barberry root or bark – Prevents kidney damage which occurs due to increased levels of oxalates.
In conclusion, kidney stones can be formed due to a number of reasons such as lack of hydration, reduced intake of fluid or certain health conditions. Therefore using these natural ways, you can not only flush out kidney stones from your body but boost your renal health as well. A blend of these essential ayurvedic herbs can be found in natural health supplements like Path-Har. It is one of the best ayurvedic syrup for kidney stones as it promotes regular urination and lowers inflammation. Additionally, it is also anti-microbial, so it will fight off any further infections. Moreover, it is a sugar-free formulation, so it is safe to consume for people suffering from sugar/diabetes. You can also take it as a health supplement to strengthen your kidneys health.