10 Ways to Clean Your Lungs
10 Natural Ways to Cleanse Your Lungs – According to the latest survey, it was found out that industrial pollution takes around 4.2 Million lives around the globe every year. Besides this, the air pollution and smoke from factories is also a leading cause of the rise in respiratory diseases.
Our lungs help us sustain a living by providing oxygen to every cell in our body. If we do not practise methods to protect our lungs from damage, then it can lead to the symptoms of severe ailments like breathlessness and chest congestion. Our lungs are self-cleansing in nature. Despite that, it is advised by health experts to inculcate certain ways in our lifestyle to assist them in performing their function more efficiently.
Natural Ways to Clean Your Lungs
- Eliminate chemical-based scents from your house – Everyone wants to keep their comfort place to smell amazing and look scintillating. This is why most of us have products that have an artificial scent to them, such as room fresheners and perfumed products. Continued use of such products can lead to irritation in the lungs and other pulmonary issues. Hence in order to prevent harmful toxins from entering your lungs, it is best to get rid of such products.
- Spending time in nature – Taking out time to go out and inhale fresh air can act as a natural lung detox. Fresh air helps the lungs tissues to expand, which makes the breathing process more efficient. Moreover, it can also uplift your mood instantly and enhance your productivity. In order to avoid pollutants from harming your lungs, you can wear a face-cover or a face mask to safeguard your lungs.
- Consume herbal tea – Herbal products like green tea is very popular among health-conscious people nowadays. Replacing green tea with other beverages can offer you innumerable health benefits. It is antioxidant in nature and thus helps you protect your lungs tissue. Moreover, it is also anti-inflammatory, so it refrains you from frequent coughing and wheezing.
- Invest in an air purifier – If you live in a metropolitan city, it is hard to find greenery around to get fresh air. Hence all thanks to technology with an air purifier, you can breathe clean air inside your house or in your workplace. Additionally, an air purifier also helps you to get better sleep at night and reduces respiratory infections. It can help you relieve the symptoms of pulmonary ailments like Asthma and cleanse your lungs.
- Steam Therapy – Steam therapy is an effective method to detox your lungs naturally. Especially for those with persistent symptoms of respiratory issues, steam therapy can provide immediate relief to your lungs. In this process, water vapours are inhaled to open the airways and get rid of the mucus that causes congestion. Steam therapy adds moisture to your lungs and helps you get rid of toxins from your lungs. For effective steam therapy, you can also add natural herbs like camphor capsules in hot water.
- Consuming wholesome food – It is said that “you are what you eat”. Nutrition plays an essential role in shaping your mind and When it comes to your lungs, you must consume food that strengthens your lungs and helps them in the detoxification process. Here are some food items that you must incorporate into your diet.
- Dry fruits like almonds and walnuts
- Salmon, Mackerel, Sardines, Tuna fish
- Fruits like oranges, strawberries, blueberries etc.
- Green leafy vegetables like spinach
- Olive oil
Foods to avoid
- Fried foods
- Beverages like cola and coffee
- Dairy items
- Processed foods
- Make fitness the new normal – Along with a nutritious diet, it is advised that one must find time for working out at least for 30 mins in a day. You can either hit the gym and work out on proper equipment or engage in any sports activity to burn your calories and keep yourself fit. A simple activity such as swimming or a brisk walk can enhance your breathing and help you achieve a more active lifestyle. If you have certain medical conditions and cannot engage in such strenuous physical activity, then you can also go for a walk as per your comfort level.
- Practise breathing exercises – Those who have recently quit smoking cigarettes or are diagnosed with chronic lung diseases can practise breathing exercises to get rid of breathlessness.
You can try out the diaphragmatic breathing exercise using your belly or pursed-lip breathing technique to enhance lung function.
- Take a hot shower – A hot shower is a great way to get rid of mucus from the body. Taking a hot shower a day will significantly strengthen your lungs. You can add an essential oil such as eucalyptus oil to your bath for more effective lung cleansing. This healthy habit will also help you get relief from sinus problems and coughing.
- Practise Ayurveda for overall wellness – Ayurveda is an old system that offers a wide range of techniques for a healthier lifestyle. According to Ayurveda, balancing the Vata and Kapha dosha is the key to getting stronger and healthier lungs. Foods such as Tulsi, Laung, Amaltas and Ginger are very effective in cleaning the lungs of those who have recently quit smoking cigarettes.
In conclusion, make these tips and techniques a part of your routine and embrace the path to overall wellness. If you are looking to obtain the benefits of these natural ayurvedic remedies, then you can try Tar Clean Lungs Cleaning syrup. It defends the lungs from damage due to smoking and air pollution toxins. On top of that, it helps revive the dead cells in the lungs and helps you get rid of tiredness. With this ayurvedic supplement, you can get rid of all your respiratory problems and breathe freely. On top of that it also gives relief from chest pain so that you can sleep easily at night without hampering your sleep. This ayurvedic medicine has no added sugar & safe to use for any age group so it is a must have supplement in every household especially in the times of pandemic.
Best ways to keep your lungs healthy
The world was already struggling with many health ailments when the pandemic shook up the place and added to their troubles. Most people assume that it is just an ordinary virus that causes cough and cold. But in actuality, the impact on Covid19 on the person’s overall health is much more severe. The deadly virus mostly enters the respiratory area and impacts it adversely. The microdroplets of the virus are transmitted by coming in contact with an affected person or by touching an infected area. The ailment can lead to a plethora of respiratory issues that can disrupt lung functioning and cause discomfort in the long run. Fatigue and weakness are some of the common symptoms you may experience during Covid-19.
Our lungs help us to sustain a living. During this difficult time when cases are on the rise, it is vital to safeguard your lungs against coronavirus and make your lung health a priority. Here are some ways to enhance your pulmonary system’s strength to fight the novel coronavirus.
Proactive tips to enhance lung health
- Increase water intake – While most people are not aware of it, drinking water is extremely beneficial for your lungs. Staying hydrated can help you remove toxins and mucus from your lungs. Drinking plenty of fluids throughout the day can help you keep your mucosal lining thin and keep your lungs healthy in the long run. If you are not sure how many water glasses are enough for your daily consumption, then go by the rule of thumb and consume the amount of water that is double of what your body weight in ounces. (For eg: 80kgs = 160oz, each oz = 30ml approx. so 160oz = 4.8 Ltr)
- Avoid smoking – We can’t stress this enough but Smoking is the leading cause of respiratory problems. Not only cigarette smoking but vaping or smoking marijuana also contributes to lung damage. Smoking makes your lungs inflamed and can lead to chronic pulmonary problems like bronchitis. This inflammation hinders your lung capacity to move oxygen into your bloodstream. On top of that, it can lead to the formation of mucus. Besides, smoking also causes breathing difficulties as it narrows down the air passages and damages lung damage, resulting in cancer. Hence in order to avoid such respiratory issues, one must refrain from smoking.
- Inculcate handwashing in your routine – Good sanitary practices such as frequent handwashing assist in making good lung health. We all are aware of the habit of washing our hands when they are dirty, but in times of Covid, it is advised to wash them more frequently to avoid the risk of infection. Our hands touch a variety of surfaces. Thus, keep in mind to clean them using a sanitizer or a soap for a healthy body. Moreover, your hands also come in contact with several people, which include your loved ones as well. Hence by including this habit in your routine, you stop the spread of infections both to yourself and your loved ones.
- Avoid stepping in polluted areas – The quality of air can keep on changing day to day based on different conditions. Even working or living in an area where the pollution level is high can affect your lungs over the due course of time. Toxins or pollution due to chemical-based products like deodorants, hair sprays also contribute to indoor pollution. It is suggested that in order to keep your lungs healthy, avoid stepping into polluted areas. Staying in highly polluted areas would make your lungs vulnerable to covid-19, so it is advised to wear a mask or a face covering.
- Stay active and fit – A common saying we’ve all heard of says “All work, no play makes Jack a dull boy”. Staying indoors with your eyes glued to the screen can make you lethargic. Hence working out for at least 30 minutes a day is recommended to make your lungs healthier. Exercising such as Yoga increases the flow of oxygen into the blood, which increases the airflow to the other areas, including the heart and lungs. Moreover, engaging in any physical activity also uplifts your mood instantly and increases your concentration levels.
- A healthy diet – Just like exercising, food constitutes an important part of our diet. Food is the building block of our body. Hence one must consume food that is fresh and balanced in nature. Moreover, a nutritious diet also helps you improve your lung health and boost immunity against the novel coronavirus. Fruits and vegetables have rich antioxidant properties and vitamins that help you reduce inflammation in your lungs, for example, Green tea, Apples, Salmon, Nuts, Black coffee and cruciferous vegetables like Broccoli, Brussel Sprouts, Cabbage, Cauliflower etc. Include things such as Amla and Tulsi in your diet that cleanse and promote natural healing of the body.
- Maintain social distancing – In times of crises like this, it is best to prevent your lungs from getting infected by maintaining social distancing. Staying at a distance helps to protect your lungs against many diseases, including the coronavirus. Moreover, you can also secure your lungs against common infections like cold and flu by maintaining a distance. This is because viruses are fragile and cannot fare well at a distance.
Ayurveda: The natural remedy
Work on strengthening your immune system with Ayurveda as it helps us to fight against respiratory illnesses. Include a tablespoon of Chawanprash in your diet as it will significantly boost your immunity and will make your lungs and respiratory system stronger. Elements such as Giloy and Tulsi keep the infections at bay. Ayurveda is a natural way of healing, which is why it is widely used to fight against deadly diseases like Covid-19. Make the most out of these natural ways and improve your quality of life. Avoid going in high-polluted regions to prevent lungs and respiratory tract from this infectious disease. Don’t forget to take up the coping strategies to prevent this illness from taking place.
In conclusion, it is smartly said, “Prevention is better than cure”, and you can only apply this by wearing masks and including the immunity-boosting foods & Spices in your diets such as Amla, Haldi and Giloy. Exercise and keeping your hands clean to keep yourself and everyone safe from Covid-19.