Single Strength Specifications:
Diabetes is a very common lifestyle condition that is prevalent in India. It means that the body’s capacity to process blood glucose, also known as blood sugar, has been hindered, resulting in high sugar levels in blood. Insulin is a hormone produced by the pancreas in our body to provide blood sugar to our cells for energy and ineffective insulin leads to Diabetes.
In Ayurveda, it is believed that Diabetes is a result of a Pitta-Kapha Dosha imbalance and in turn, gives rise to poor digestion.
Symptoms of Diabetes include excessive thirst, fatigue, frequent urination. If the sugar present in our blood is not able to reach our cells, we start feeling lethargic and lack the energy to carry out basic tasks.
Overtime, the presence of high glucose levels in our bloodstream can result in grave health complications like nerve damage, kidney failures, foot ulcers, dental and gum problems, eye damage that could result in blindness, heart diseases and even stroke!
Diabetes could either be inherited through genes or developed due to eating & lifestyle habits. There are three common types of diabetes:
Type 1 Diabetes: This type of diabetes occurs when there is no insulin production by the pancreas, i.e., insulin is absent for converting glucose to energy. People who have type I diabetes are dependent on artificial insulin.
Type 2 Diabetes: This is the most common type of diabetes. Type 2 diabetes occurs when the body develops a resistance against insulin produced by the pancreas, i.e., insulin is either insufficient or ineffective in converting glucose to energy.
Gestational: This is a type of Diabetes which occurs during pregnancy and may resolve after birth. However, it is possible that one develops type 2 diabetes after pregnancy.
A stage before Diabetes called Prediabetes is when the glucose levels may be slightly lower to that of a diabetic patient. During this stage, there is a possibility to swing in either direction, depending on the lifestyle habits you choose.
Although no cure for diabetes exists, we can still take measures to manage the condition.
Regularly exercising, eating a low-carb diet, taking insulin shots are some ways of managing Diabetes.
MANAGE DIABETES WITH DIABTLE
Since India is the Diabetes capital of the world, owing to the variety of delectable sweets and edibles the country’s culture is adorned with, there is a need for effectively managing & timely monitoring the blood glucose levels in our bodies. By combining the potencies of 10 super herbs, we have come up with an Ayurvedic method to help manage Diabetes. Diabtle is an Ayurvedic formulation proudly researched & devised in India by our team of highly qualified experts. Each herb used in Diabtle is studied with due diligence and prepared through ancient methods in order to extract the maximum of its medicinal properties.
Herbs used in Diabtle
- Karela or bitter Gourd is tridoshic, which means it balances all three Doshas – Vata, Pitta & Kapha.
- Due to its hypoglycaemic properties, it works wonders for Type 1 & Type 2 diabetic patients.
- Being rich in Polypeptide- P helps it keep sudden spikes in sugar levels in check
- Karela can reduce bad cholesterol in your body & lowers the chances of heart diseases & strokes
- Regular consumption of Karela can improve glycemic control
- Several studies have shown that compounds in Methi or Fenugreek exhibit anti-diabetic properties.
- These compounds help in improving insulin action & sensitivity and lower intestinal absorption of glucose, thereby reducing blood sugar in people with Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes.
3. Raj Jamun:
- It is widely believed that Lord Rama survived on Raj Jamun during his 14 years in exile. Raj Jamun is endorsed as “The fruit of Gods” in Ramayana.
- From an Ayurveda perspective, it helps increase Vatta, balance Pitta and improve Digestion.
- Its high alkaline content has shown to help control hyperglycaemia or high blood sugar.
- It acts as a blood thinner, improving circulation in body
- It also acts as a coolant to cancel out the hot tendencies of other herbs.
- Due to its Tikta(bitter) nature, Vijaysar is considered as the most potent anti-diabetic herb.
- Clinical studies by ICMR show that Vijaysar helps in lowering blood sugar levels, mainly because it helps break down of starch into glucose
- It has Kapha balancing properties, improves digestion and possesses rejuvenating properties
- It can prevent damage of pancreatic cells and its anti-oxidant & anti-inflammatory activities support insulin secretion
- It also effectively manages diabetic symptoms like fatigue, excessive urination & thirst.
- The golden saffron might be helpful in preventing diabetes in people with Prediabetes.
- Its anti-oxidant properties help prevent liver damage, which is essential considering the harmful effects of western diabetic medicines on Liver.
- It is one of the very few herbs that pacify all three Doshas!
- It is used in this formulation for its cold potency that tranquilize the hot tendencies of other herbs.
- Giloy is popularly endorsed as one of the three Amrit(the nectar of God) plants & called the Queen of herbs.
- Consumption of Giloy tends to show active production of insulin from beta-pancreatic cells.
- Its hypoglycaemic properties help attenuate glucose levels in blood.
8. Daru Haldi:
- Its hot nature helps improve metabolism, which wipes out Ama (toxins left behind because of improper digestion) from the body. The increased metabolism results in easily breaking down of glucose
- Boosts Insulin sensitivity and aids the absorption of glucose by tissues & cells
- Decreases bad cholesterol in the body and promotes weight management by obstructing fat cells formation in the body
- Due to its anti-oxidant & anti-inflammatory properties, it lowers the risk of later-stage diabetic complications.
- Contains chemicals that can help decrease blood sugar
- Boosts the Immune System and provides protection against Heart Diseases
- Regulates blood glucose and lipid profiles in people who are diabetic and has hypoglycaemic properties
- Shilajeet consumption may improve insulin production
- Makes up for the loss of energy suffered during Diabetes.
- Relaxes cardiac system, lowers chances of blood clot formations, heart blocks attacks & reduces bad cholesterol